Thursday, February 16, 2012

S.T.E.M Fashion Show.



In my S.T.E.M class we did a project runway fashion show, except the items we were wearing were made out of simple machines. What I made got me a 2nd place title but I am still very proud. I made 4 items using junk, glue, sparkles, and simple machines. First thing I crafted was a belt made from electrical wire and an old computer mother board chip. In the mother board was small conductors that were wedges. The MB had holes in them were I glued the wires in and then for the belt I rapt the wire around my waist and in the other holes on the other side. Next was my MB ring, it was made from a smaller MB. The ring had wires connected to it so I just made a loop with one and glued it to itself making the ring. For my third item I had a necklace made from a washing machine part. On the part it had wedges and levers, and lots of glitter!!! Last I had a pair of screw rings (Ear rings made of screws). I think you know what simple machine was in there. To make them all I did was put a lil bit of glue in where the screw drivers head would of went and stuck the needle in the glue until it dried for a fabulous and creative pair of ear rings!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great descriptive writing on your jewelry/accessories. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete