Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blog 5# simple machines at home.



The Screw- candy jar. This is a picture of me getting candy from the candy jar which is located in the kitchen on the counter. The lid of the jar is a screw, you can see on the second picture the rapid around incline plan on the lid.








The Lever-light switch
This is the light switch in my kitchen, in the picture i have just turned the lights off. The light switch works but stopping and starting electricity through a lever. When you turn it on the lever flips up so that the energy can go to the bulb and when you turn it off the switch barriers the electricity turning the bulb off.


The Incline Plane- car ramp


In the picture i have a soup box car i made for boy scout 2-3 years ago. i am playing with it on a ramp made out of insulater my dad had in his barn. The ramp is the incline plane allowing the car to go up onto the table and down off it with less for then normally.



The Wheel and Axle-my exercises bike



In the picture i have me training for a bike race on my moms exercises bike in our living room. The peddles are the wheel and axle allowing me to bike in place and work my muscles.


Polly-My Blinds

This is my blinds in my room. The part were I raise and lower my blinds is the pulley. How it works is when I pull the string that goes around the pulley and is connected to the blinds it raises them allot more efficiently than if I were to lift them up in place by myself.



Wedge- my Razor

Last this is a picture of a wedge and me using it to shave. As you can see there are 5 little wedges in the razor and i am using them to cut my stash in the bathroom. The razors work by cutting the unwanted hair above my lips allot easier than me pulling them out with tweezers.


2 comments:

  1. Carter,
    Good call with the pulleys in the blind. Never thought of those!

    ReplyDelete